1. There's a plot, always. Even if it's short and incredibly basic it's always there.
2. There are semicolons. And em-dashes. And ellipses.
3. There are too many instances of the word "just." [facepalm] Working on that, seriously.
4. A lot of things come in threes in the narrative.
5. Sentence lengths vary for effect. Internal dialogue during tense or focused moments often babbles in run-ons.
6. There will be one and only one point of view character per scene, with extremely rare exceptions done deliberately and for a specific purpose.
7. ? 8. ? 9. ? 10. ?
Aaaaand, that's all I can think of. :P I don't always use the same characters. I don't always do the same genre or tone or the same sort of plot. I've even branched out to other fandoms recently. I don't have a favorite kink -- I don't even always write sex.
There must be more, I'm just too close to it to see. Anyone else have anything you've noticed? Help me out here, Flist! I need four more! [laugh/flail]